Places To Stay
Reserve a dorm room when you register. We will sell out of dorm rooms, so register early and secure your spot.
- Deadline to reserve your room: May 31, 2013.
- Cost: $45/night per person per night.
- Rooms are available for the nights of June 19 - June 24
- Location: Towers Residence Hall, on the Wayne State University campus (check out some pics)
- Distance from the AMC at McGregor Conference Center: Practically next door. This is as close as you will get to the conference site.
- Amenities: Linens, towels and pillow included. Rooms are suite style, containing four one-person bedrooms attached to a shared living space with a sitting area and an attached bathroom. You tell us who you want to share your suite with when you register. There are open kitchens available for your use, but they do not have refrigerators and you need to bring your own cookware.
- Note: Wayne State issues cards to each individual staying in the dorms. The front desk is staffed 24 hours a day and they strictly enforce a one-person-per-card policy.
At the Cass Community Commons/First Unitarian-Universalist Church, 4605 Cass Ave. Space is limited. Reserve a spot when you register.
- Cost: $25 for the weekend
- Location: a half mile from the conference site
- Staffed and secure.
- Bring a sleeping mat, sleeping bag, and pillow and claim a space on the floor.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There are no showers. There is a refrigerator.
- Available for the night of Wednesday (6/19) through the morning of Monday (6/24). The space will be closed and locked during some conference hours.
Room availablility is extremely limited and it is recommended that you make your reservation as soon as possible.
- $129 per night, plus tax. When you call, say that you are attending the Allied Media Conference at Wayne State University.
- Location: 84 East Ferry Street, Detroit.
- Distance from the AMC: 0.3 miles
- Amenities: complimentary breakfast each morning in the Scott House, WiFi Internet connection, parking and shuttle service.
- Phone: (313) 871-6000
- Website: http://innonferrystreet.com/
Hostel Detroit is a non-profit, with the main purpose of providing safe, affordable accommodations in Detroit while educating patrons about the city. Limited availability.
- Cost: $18 per night for a bunk bed in an open room (with 10 beds in the room total). $22 is for a bunk bed in a private room (with 2 beds total).
- Location: in the North Corktown neighborhood. 2700 Vermont St., Detroit, MI 48216
- Distance from the AMC: 2.3 miles
- Amenities: kitchen, twin bed, sheets & a towel, lockers (bring your own padlock), laundry available, padlock rental, bike rental
- Phone: (313) 451-0333
- Website: http://www.hosteldetroit.com/
- Search for hotel options on websites such as Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, etc.
- Read hotel reviews before making a reservation.
- Check the distance between your hotel and the McGregor Conference Center, 495 Ferry Mall, Detroit, MI 48201, on the Wayne State University campus.
- Most area hotel options will be Downtown, about 2-3 miles from Wayne State University. Before making a hotel reservation, call and ask if the hotel will provide a shuttle to get you to and from conference locations. If the hotel is not providing a shuttle, you may want to rent a car. The Woodward bus from Downtown to the Wayne State area is also a transportation option.