The Work Department is Hiring
The Work Department designs and builds websites for Allied Media Projects. We are looking for a programmer to join our team.
The Work Department is a small firm, currently consisting of two principals/owners and two independent contractors. We work on challenging and world-changing projects, and make an effort to come up with innovative solutions and push them back to the open source world. Much of our work involves collaborating with Detroit social justice organizations.
We take pride in our involvement with the Detroit Digital Justice Coalition. As our company grows, we are dedicated to finding new ways to support accessible communication and information technology.
If you're not a Drupal person, you will have to be willing to dive into it. It's less about knowing Drupal and more about being smart, flexible, and cooperative. We put a lot of effort into version control and project planning, although we aren't an "agile shop" or management zealots of any sort.
While we're currently inundated with web development work, we are also a general design and development firm. For example, we are on the brink of starting a project researching and developing embedded mesh network applications. We won't expect a candidate for this Drupal developer position to be interested in working with mesh routing protocols and OpenWRT (C + Lua + unix-fu) but it might be awesome if you were!
Wanted: Drupal Developer
The Work Department seeks a programmer to work with us on our Drupal web development projects.
You would be able to work 30-40 hours per week, with at least half of these hours spent coworking during the first three months of working with us.
You would be expected to work with our existing team of designers and developers to:
- outline project requirements
- inform design decisions
- inventory what’s available in the Drupal ecosystem and what needs custom work
- implement designs as a Drupal theme
- work with and contribute improvements to Drupal modules like Features, Context, Display Suite, and Views
- write clean, testable code
- collaboratively code with Git
- use an online project management system
- document your work, both in code and in worklogs
You should have at least the following qualifications:
- Effective command of the English language, both verbal and written
- A history of participation in collaborative software development, ideally open source / Drupal
- 3+ years of PHP programming experience
Compensation will be based on experience.
Please use our contact form to apply. Please provide a brief introduction to yourself, a link to your resume/CV, and a link to your Drupal user profile, Github profile, or something similar.
Please apply by December 15, 2011.