AMC2022 will explore emerging futures at the intersection of art, technology, education, media, and visionary resistance/organizing. It will convene nationally online and in-person for residents of Detroit, Metro Detroit, and communities throughout Michigan (occupied Anishinaabe, Peoria, and Meskwaki land) from June 30th – July 3rd, 2022.
Tracks / sessions (all Tracks / sessions will be held on Zoom)
- Selected Network Gatherings convening online
- Plenary sessions (live-streamed from Detroit)
- Ceremonies (live-streamed from Detroit)
- AMC@NIGHT virtual concerts and live DJ sets (live-streamed from Detroit)
- Selected Network Gatherings with a focus on Detroit organizing
- All plenary sessions (also live-streamed online)
- Opening and closing ceremonies
- AMC@NIGHT parties at outdoor venues
- Supper Clubs hosted by community members
AMC offers registration support in the following ways:
- Annual scholarship to support low-income people living in Detroit and Flint
- 20% discount code for all Detroit residents
- Complimentary registration for personal attendants of people with disabilities
- Volunteering in exchange for free registration
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to access any of these resources. We also invite you to contact us if you’re considering sponsoring registration for low-income attendees and Detroiters.
- ASL/VRI interpretation, CART, and simultaneous Spanish-English interpretation will be provided for the Opening Ceremony, Closing Ceremony, & Plenaries
- ASL/VRI interpretation, CART, and Spanish-English interpretation will be available upon request for Session Blocks and Community Meet Ups
- Please note: for Session Blocks automated captioning will be used unless CART services are requested for the particular session
- Session blocks with ASL/VRI interpretation, CART, & Spanish-English interpretation already requested by session facilitators will be indicated in the schedule and be updated accordingly
- Once you have registered for the conference, fill out the AMC Access Service Request form to request accommodations for sessions.
- Additional language interpretation can be provided upon request
- Pre-recorded media will be captioned in English when appropriate
- AMC will work with speakers and facilitators and share best practices to create accessible presentations and sessions
- Alternative options for dietary restrictions or access to ingredients will be provided for Virtual Community Dinners
If you have additional questions about accessibility at AMC2022, please email us at email@example.com.